
WHERE'S THE OTHER CHILDREN?
By Aimee Johnson
The wind blows my hair
As leaves hit the ground
Porch lights are on,
but no one is around
Where's the other children?
Am I just here too soon?
The sky is pitch black
And out is the moon
I must be on time
I think as I roam
I guess I'll try my first house
I'm sure there's someone home
Slowly I walk
Closer to the door
I wait after knocking
And then I wait some more
Confused, I walk away
As I hold my empty sack
Should I try another house?
Or should I just go back?
I'm really craving candy
So I try across the street
When a man finally answers
I sing "Trick or Treat"
The man laughs at my costume
And I start to feel sorrow.
"Oh child, don't you be sad.
Halloween's not til tomorrow!"
No comments:
Post a Comment