German tradition holds that if a hibernating animal sees its shadow on Feb. 2 — the Christian holiday of Candlemas — winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow is seen, legend says spring will come early.
I guess it's no surprise since the entire country has been seeing some wacky winter weather over the past month or so. Looks like that won't be changing for a while either. Hey, don't shoot the messenger! It's that cute little groundhog you really want to strangle.

That's such a cute picture! Happy Groundhog Day to you!!! 6 More weeks of Winter... who would've guessed!?!?!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they do it, though... it's such a fun tradition!
I hadn't heard of the Christian holiday of Candlemas on February 2nd. Sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing!
I agree, it is a fun tradition. These little holidays help us get through the year! :)
ReplyDelete