In case you haven't heard, there is a new Christmas-themed museum opening in Medina, Ohio later this year. Master sculptor and Christmas collector, Mark Klaus, plans to transform a former Methodist church in the historic district of Medina into the largest indoor, Christmas walk-through entertainment attraction in the nation called Castle Noel! So, we thought it would be fun to explore some other places around the country that celebrate the holiday season year-round. Below you will find many links to different attractions in various states all over the United States that never lose the Christmas spirit. Why not stop by and check them out if you are on vacation this summer or live in the area?
- Santa Claus House & Santa's Workshop (North Pole, AK): Where the spirit of Christmas lives all year! Drive through on any season to see decorations, light poles and streets all with Christmas themes. Be sure to take a trip down Santa Claus Lane.
- City Lights Collectibles (San Diego, CA): California's largest holiday super store with over 28,000 sq-ft of Holiday decorations and products. Specializing in collectibles from Department 56, Snowbabies, Annalee Dolls, Byers' Choice Carolers, Harbour Lights and much more!
- Lake Tahoe Holidays (Lake Tahoe, CA): Lake Tahoe is a popular vacation spot both during the Summer and Winter months and right in the heart of town is a little Holiday shop proving that size isn't everything. This little shop is brimming with charm in its adorable displays of holiday decor. Definitely worth checking out if you're ever in town!
- Santa's Workshop (Caskcade, CO): This enchanted family theme park has something for every member of the family. There are more than two dozen family-friendly rides for your pleasure, plus meet Santa Claus and his elves, feeding the goats and llamas, watch a magic show or browse the quaint village shops stocked with unique gifts.
- Christmas Dreams (Coming Soon) (Christmas, FL): Along with the Nativity and giant living Christmas tree that stays decorated all year, the town of Christmas will soon be home to the world's first year-round indoor resort and theme park designed specifically to accommodate chronically ill guests. This wintry wonderland will be free of charge to host children and their caregivers from around the world, inviting them to leave behind their day-to-day cares as they immerse themselves in the fun and magic of this special place. Christmas Dreams may open to the public at times for fundraising events, community awareness, and special events. Revenue from any events will be used for capital costs and operational expenses.
- The Santa Claus Museum & Village (Santa Claus, IN): Takes you on a walk through time exploring the birth of this tiny town as it was first laid out on paper in 1846. Moving from one room to the next, you can immerse yourself in historical documents, photos and artifacts illustrating the progression of the town from Santa Fee to the present day Santa Claus.
- Hallmark Ornament Museum (Warshaw, IN): The ONLY complete collection of Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments from 1973 to present on public display, including some prototypes and error designs. The museum is FREE to visitors & groups & open all year round.
- Holiday World (Santa Claus, IN): Holiday World is a theme park with top-ranked wooden roller coasters, lots of family rides and shows, plus Santa Claus, himself. Splashin' Safari is one of the world's largest water parks.
- Yankee Candle Bavarian Christmas Village (Deerfield, MA): Come to where it's Christmas in Europe all year long in the Bavarian Christmas Village and experience for yourself what makes Yankee Candle Village so unique. The Jolly Old Elf himself and his lovely bride enjoy the pace of the summer months when they can make crafts and chat with children of all ages. You will find him amongst the large selection of toys in his workshop and catch a glimpse of all the new toys Santa has built for all of the good boys and girls including interactive toys, a glow in the dark room, a wide array of plush animals, and over 125 different types of candy in our Yankee Candy room. It even snows indoors here everyday!
- Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland (Frankenmuth, MI): Bronner's is the worlds largest Christmas store. Outside the entrance are three 17-foot tall outdoor Santa's and a 15-foot tall snowman. Inside, there are approximately 800 animated figurines from various locations throughout the store.
- Silent Night Chapel (Frankenmuth, MI): Also located on the Bronner's ground is the Silent Night Chapel, a free attraction centered around the history of one of the world's most favored Christmas songs, Silent Night (or Stille Nacht as it was originally written by Joseph Mohr in the early 1800s). The chapel itself is a replica of the original located in Oberndorf, Austria just outside of Salzburg. The grounds of the chapel are also surrounded by Christmas displays, nativity scenes and lights.
- Always Christmas at Canterbury Village (Lake Orion, MI): One of Michigan's best kept secrets! Most people are familiar with Bronner's, but just about an hour drive south is a 2 story Christmas super store which rivals it in size. Along with the Christmas store you will find a unique shopping experience with some Ye Olde English charm and a beautiful, antique carousel.
- Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark (Boyne, Mountain): Not quite a Christmas destination, but Avalanche Bay is a large indoor waterpark with a very wintery theme. At 88,000 square feet, Avalanche Bay is Michigan's BIGGEST indoor water park featuring slides, rides, kids pools, climbing walls, lazy river, and even a surf simulator, all designed as a winter wonderland that is sure to help you cool off this Summer!
- Country Christmas (Traverse City, MI): Nestled in the popular resort town, in the northwest part of the mitten, is a unique Christmas shop with hand blown glass and vintage ornaments among other Country themed Christmas decorations.
- Santa's Village (Jefferson, NH): Santa's Village is a Christmas themed amusement park. Most of the rides have Christmas or winter themed names such as " The Great Humbug adventure" and "Rudy's Rapid Transit coaster".
- Santa's Workshop (North Pole, NY): A theme park specializing in entertaining young children and the young at heart. The minute you walk through the gates of Santa's Workshop, you will be sent back in time to a storybook village where the traditional story of Santa lives! If you are looking for a place to go for your family, there is plenty to see and do!
- Santa's Land Theme Park & Zoo (Cherokee, NC): Enjoy Santa Land with a zoo, amusement park rides, Santa's Village and more!
- The Christmas Cottage (Lincoln City, OR): Featuring 25,000 different ornaments from around the world, as well as specialty items including European glass ornaments, German nutcrackers, Christmas cards, Santa figurines, and everyday cards and stationery.
- Christmas Valley, Oregon : Themed streets, from Jingle Bell Road to Christmas Tree Lane, enjoy seeing Christmas themes and more!
- The Christmas Ranch (Cincinatti, OH): A whimsical place with 500,000 dancing Christmas Lights synchronized to holiday music. Truly an old fashioned family experience. Enjoy one of the many Christmas themed shops or a night time Wagon ride around the village while viewing the dazzling lights and the aroma of Christmas In the air.
- A Christmas Story House & Museum (Cleveland, OH): What Christmas lover doesn't watch " A Christmas Story" a few times each holiday? Now you can visit the actual house and enjoy the memories from the movie!
- The National Christmas Center (Paradise, PA): Nestled in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, National Christmas Center Family Attraction & Museum takes you on a journey through wonderful memories of Christmases past and present, near and far. Fifteen main galleries and numerous, ever-changing smaller exhibits. 20,000 square feet of life-sized, walk-through, indoor exhibits - bring the holiday to life for all ages. This is one place i actually can say i had the pleasure of visiting. It's filled with Christmas memories and history that any Christmas lover would love.
- The Inn at Christmas Place (Pigeon, TN): A 145 room hotel decorated for Christmas year round! Right next to the Inn is the South's largest Christmas Shopping Village!
- Santa's Land (Putney, VT): Enjoy fun for the family with rides, petting zoo and the chance to feed Santa's deer.
- Yankee Candle Village (Williamsburg, VA): Yes, everyone, it really snows inside everyday at Yankee Candle! Take a walk through the Holiday Park, which never ceases to amaze and delight everyone who visits. Get on Santa's good side during his "down" time. The Jolly Old Elf himself enjoys the pace of the summer months when he can read stories and chat with children of all ages.
- The Christmas Mouse (Williamsburg, VA): Located in Williamsburg, with several other locations along the east coast. The Christmas Mouse offers beautiful decorations, wreaths, ornaments and much more!
- The Christmas Attic (Alexandria, VA): For over thirty-five years, this charming store has long been considered a must-see by locals and tourists alike. Specializing in hard-to-find, unique items, our offerings include European hand-blown glass, locally-designed souvenirs, Italian nativity scenes, snow-covered village houses, German collectibles as well as angels, Santas and snowmen galore!
- Kris Kringl (Leavenworth, WA): A year round Christmas store located in the heart of the Alpine Village of Leavenworth in the Cascade Mountain foothills of Washington State, 2.5 hours east of Seattle. In its 26 years in business Kris Kringl has grown from a mere 800 square feet to nearly 6,000 square feet of Christmas treasures, theme trees, unique ornaments, and home decor.
If you have a business or know of a place that would be a great addition to this list, contact us with the info and we'll be sure to add it!