Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our Easter


Hope you all had a blessed Easter! We had a wonderful day. First we enjoyed a few goodies from our Easter basket before getting ready for church. Instead of chocolate bunnies, we each got a Russell Stover chocolate Jesus Fish, which I thought was so neat! I also picked up these vintage Minnie & Mickey stickers at a little shop with vintage postcards, stickers, print etc. My husband was sure to choose the purple Peeps for me, and I was sure to get him some Whoppers Robin's Eggs (which he gets every year all to himself as I hate those things)! We also each got a mini milk carton of Reeses Pieces, some mini caramel eggs and an egg carton of chocolate marshmallow eggs to share. The rest was just misc. fun sized candy, which were all layered at the bottom of the basket. ANd speaking of this basket, I picked it up a couple weeks ago and a thrift store and absolutely fell in love with it!


Church service was lovely and the message was inspiring. The pastor spoke out our hope as Christians in the afterlife, which was appropriate since our pastor lost his wife to cancer exactly one year ago. Afterward we headed over to my sister's for Easter dinner with the family. I made some deviled eggs and a strawberry cake (which I will post the recipe to tomorrow). We also played a fun new game called Likewise. You write answers on dry eraser paddles and try to match answers with other players for points. It's one of those great party games that is quick to learn, like Apples To Apples. I highly recommend it if you are looking for something new to play with family and friends!

Likewise

We also made some time to watch a few Easter specials and decorate. Here is a photo of our media stand with these little bunny houses I picked up at Goodwill. Some of these items I even picked up at the dollar store, but I liked how they had a bit of vintage style to them. I don't have much Easter decor, but it's amazing how much you can do even on a budget. I also got some adorable pastel colored egg lights (not pictured) from Target for only $3 each!!


I'd also be remissed if I didn't mention pulling out one of my favorite Easter records, Here Come Peter Cottontail by The Mr. Pickwick Players And Singers. It is hard to find on vinyl, but you can purchase it on mp3 from Amazon. It's a collection of fun little songs, including the title track, The Bunny Hop, Easter Parade and some other little songs not directly related to Easter, but still fitting. It also features a short reading of a story about Peter Rabbit. Definitely worth having for kids and novelty record enthusiasts.


Well, that's about all for us this year. It was a special time, reflecting on both the fun and spiritual aspect of the holiday. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Spring as we turn to thoughts of Mother's Day and Memorial Day in May!

0 comments: