Saturday, March 6, 2010

Coming Out Of Hiding

Sorry, I know it's been quiet here lately. I think most people experience burn out after Christmas, not to mention it's usually a great time to play catch-up with projects we've planned or neglected through the holiday season. Spring and Easter are on their way so I suspect we'll be picking up in the coming months. It's an exciting time of year, and something I think we're all ready for!

Here in San Diego we have been experiencing Spring-like weather for the past month or so. Flowers are blooming and the temps have mainly stayed in the mid-60s. The evenings are a little cooler, but I've found myself venturing out more and more. Taking a walk, going to the park or even opening the windows to let in some fresh air.

My husband and I recently started going back to school, and as part of the requirement we must take 2 physical education classes, so we chose a swimming exercise class that is excellent. That means we spend 2 nights a week in the water, which is something I've been longing for since the end of summer. Aside from being great in recreational terms, physically it's what we've needed after the excess of the holidays. Kind of helps with that New Year's resolution to get back on track in the health department!

This leads me to a quick tip before I close. If you've considered taking some workout classes but didn't want to pay the hefty fitness center fees, consider what your community college offers. At around $26 a class per semester, you can't beat it! It also allows you to take advantage of those wondrous student discounts about town, so you benefit in more ways than one. *wink* Just remember, no matter what it's like outside, there are plenty of way to enjoy life and the beauty of nature.

0 comments: