Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!!! I can't believe it's 2014. Another year come and gone, but as it is every January 1st, there is much to look forward to in the year to come. Always hope for new and exciting adventures, for change or progress, and new goals to be met. I love the promise of a new year, despite the fact that it means I am one year older. I am also one year wiser! That's the great reward of age. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes and can use those lessons to help others. To contribute to problem solving and help those younger and more foolish to know better than we did. Well, at least we can say "we told you so!" :)


So what did I do this New Year's Eve? Well, went over my brother and his wife's house for a night with the family of playing games and eating junk food. Oh I know, I am a real party animal, but I did bring this creation along...a set of sugar cookies I made especially for the big night. My skills are still wanting, but I am new at this whole cookie thang and pretty pleased to be able to do this much so early in my self-taught journey of sugar cookie decorating. I hope to improve with each batch, but for now, I will bask in the glow of my current accomplishment. Hey, whaddyaknow? I already have a resolution for 2014! Hope you new year is greatly blessed!

0 comments: